First of all, Water is not Just important for health and survival,
It is a vital component for muscle growth also.
In the process to build quality muscle mass, we often consume lots of protein, carbs, fats, and vegetables.
But we don’t drink sufficient amount of water on a daily basis.
One should drink 3-5 liters of H2O daily to prevent dehydration.
If you are taking High protein diet with supplements then
it is very necessary to drink a gallon of water every day.
WHY IT IS NECESSARY FOR MUSCLE GROWTH.
- ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS: It carries all the essential nutrients and oxygen to cells.It transports essential nutrients such as glucose, blood plasma, byproducts etc through the blood vessel to your whole body.
These nutrients are carried to the different parts of the body.Then they are extracted by the organs as needed.
- ENERGY LEVELS: If you don’t get enough fluids your energy level is not gonna be as high.
As a result, you don’t get most out of your workout.Drink enough H2o before your workout so that your energy level will be as high as possible, so you can get the most out of your workout.
- CREATINE: If you supplementing creatine you need to be drinking a lot of liquid throughout the day.
Because creatine overhydrates your muscle it absorbs all of your nutrient and
water in your body to make your muscle fuller You have more glycogen in your body to lift heavier weights.
If you don’t hydrate yourself properly your creatine supplement going to waste.
- MUSCLE STRENGTH: Being less hydrated can decrease your strength level.Because over 75% of your body is water.If you are not getting enough liquid you are gonna be tired during your workout.
- JOINTS LUBRICATION: If you are not hydrated your joints will gonna be weak.Water act as a lubricant to your joints.If you have less lubrication between your joints the bones rub together and cause pain.
- LOOSING WEIGHT: For those who want to lose weight staying hydrated can serve as an appetite suppressant and help with losing weight.
- GLOWING SKIN: Regular consumption of H2O can improve the color and texture of your skin by building new cells.
HOW MUCH OF WATER PER DAY
- If you are a regular gym goer and eating a high protein and low carbs or high carbs
medium protein diet you should drink around 5 liters of liquid a day.
- Drink at least 3 liters of fluid every day if you are not working out.
FINALLY WHAT’S THE BEST TIME
- Drink about 250 ml of water half an hour before and after having a meal.
- If you are working out sip a liter of water throughout your workout.
Most importantly, Drinking lukewarm water will increase the effectiveness of a meal.