Omega-3 is very crucial to your diet even though a very large number of people aren’t getting enough of it in their diet.It is the most important fatty acid in the body.
It has many benefits like it lowers your LDL(Low-density lipoprotein)bad cholesterol and increases your HDL(High-density lipoprotein) which is good cholesterol in the body.
It is not only for fat loss and muscle building but also for your brain and heart.There are two types of fats you want to keep balanced in your body omega-3 and omega-6.
Most people consume more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 which causes inflammation in the body.
- LOWER HEART DISEASES: Studies have shown that people who eat a lot of fish have lower heart diseases.
- WEIGHT LOSS: It may help in weight loss when used with other weight loss plans.
- REDUCING INFLAMMATION: Inflammation means swelling in any part of the body as a reaction to injury or infection.It brings down the swelling and can help treat diseases like chronic inflammation.
- IMPROVING BRAIN FUNCTION: Your brain is made up of 60% fat, and much of this fat is omega-3 fatty acids.Therefore, it is very important for healthy brain function.
Studies have shown that omega-3 can improve the sign of some mental disorder.
OMEGA-3 RICH FOODS
- Red meat.
- Whole eggs.
- Fish (Salmon, Sardines, Trout, Tuna, Halibut).
- Cod liver oil.
- Chia seeds and Flax seeds.
- Fish oil supplement.
- Sesame seeds.
HOW MUCH OMEGA-3 YOU NEED A DAY
- For an average person minimum, 1 gram is recommended daily (from fish oil or flax seed oil) or from whole foods.
- You need 300 mg EPA and DHA daily.
- If you are at advanced level or an athlete or you have a very active lifestyle or playing any sport, you can add up to 3-gram fish oil a day.
- There’s no side effect of it.It’s a very important fatty acid.
- If you working out or not doesn’t matter you should consume it every day in your diet.
Supplements contain omega-3
- Fish oil supplements.
- Flax seed supplements.