Do you think smoking only one cigarette a day or in a week is not gonna harm you? Wait, you have to think again because many people don’t have enough information about smoking.Some people smoke to look cool in the group, while some smoke because of peer pressure, and many other’s people who starting it just for fun have now become a chain smoker.
Do you think why and how cigarette becomes so addictive? The reason is cigarette contains an ingredient called nicotine which creates a chain reaction in the body.It slowly affecting your neurotransmitters in the brain.It changes the way of working of brain cells normally.That’s the reason when a person tries to quit it they seem withdrawals.Because brain takes its time to revert back to normal state.
It takes 2-3 months for the brain to readjust it without nicotine as it takes the time to learn the pleasure center on its own.
- APPETITE SUPPRESSANT = Smoking slow down your appetite if you smoke every day after or before your meals doesn’t matter.Your body cannot absorb all the nutrients from the food efficiently.Smoking also effects your insulin level, which makes you more prone to type 2 diabetes.
- SEXUAL PROBLEMS = Any person male or female who smoke regularly are at a high risk of developing sexual problems.Women who smoke have more complications in pregnancy than nonsmoker women.Men who smoke have a low testosterone level in their body.It also restricts the blood to flow properly in the body which affects a man ability to get an erection.
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM = Smokers lungs will work 30% more to produce oxygen than a normal person who doesn’t smoke.As the time goes on your lungs losing its ability to perform better which makes it difficult to filter harmful toxins from your body.
It makes you more prone to respiratory problems like cold, flu, coughing and respiratory infections.Children’s of smokers have a high chance of developing pneumonia and bronchitis.It will cause lung cancer.
- FERTILITY PROBLEMS = Women who smoke regularly or smoke during their pregnancy are at a high risk of infertility and complications during pregnancy than non-smoker women.
- EYE SIGHT = Smoking is very harmful to your eyes.The person who smokes develops eye problems like cataract more earlier than a person who doesn’t smoke.
- CANCER = Mostly everybody knows that smoking or using tobacco in any form can cause cancer.But people still ignores the fact and carry on with smoking.It increases the risk of several types of cancers like
- LUNGS CANCER
- BLADDER CANCER
- BOWEL CANCER
- PANCREAS CANCER
- KIDNEY CANCER
- MOUTH CANCER
- THROAT CANCER
at least 8 out of 10 cases of lungs cancer are linked with smoking.
7. IMMUNE SYSTEM = Smokers have a very weak immune system than non-smokers that mean they are more susceptible to Cold, flu, coughing, infections, pneumonia, and influenza.
8. ENDURANCE LEVEL = If you have any fitness related goal then smoking a cigarette will make it more difficult to achieve it.Smoking effects your stamina level.If you doing gym then it’s very hard to do high reps exercises because your body produces less oxygen.Your lungs have to work more to transfer oxygen into your muscles while training.That’s why smokers get tired very quickly even after doing 2-3 exercises and breath more heavily than nonsmokers.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU QUIT SMOKING
- When you quit smoking your Blood pressure and body temperature comes to normal level.No more cold feets and hands now.
- After quitting smoking for one week you feel moodiness, drowsiness, tensed feelings, and difficulty in sleeping but it’s temporary.
- The person who smoke from a very long period of time feel low motivation after quitting it.Because cigarette contains nicotine which increases your dopamine level which is a feel god hormone in your body.After quitting your dopamine level will decreases which make you feel less motivated.But it is temporary give some time to your body and mind to adjust it.
- Your oxygen level in blood will come to normal which means more blood will flow into your body which decreases the risk of developing several types of diseases.
- Now you will experience the taste of the food, even more, better than before your taste bud now working more efficiently.But the people who are chronic smokers have very hard time to reverse their taste bud.
- The risk of developing type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases now will decreases.
- After quitting smoking your blood flow very smoothly into your muscles which make your erections, even more, stronger and longer.
- Your skin will glow even more now, your hair and nail quality also improve after quitting smoking.
- You will sweat more
- Decreased adrenaline and cortisol
- Difficulty concentrating
- Intense craving to smoke
- Low motivation
- Sore throat
IS LIGHT CIGARETTES SAFE?
If you are thinking that light cigarettes are safer than the regular one you are wrong.Many smokers think that light cigarettes have less tar and less nicotine that would be less harmful to them which is again wrong.
The light cigarette is similar to regular and flavored one.However, the light cigarette has low nicotine and tar than the regular one and it might be little slow but it does kill too.The scientific evidence is that light cigarette does not reduce the health risk of smoking.It does not reduce the exposure to the nicotine and tar.
People who switched to light cigarette are likely to inhale the same amount of nicotine and tar as the regular one.They can be developed smoking-related cancer.Finally, there is no such thing called safe cigarette.
KNOW HOW TO QUIT IT
- Firstly, keep track of how many cigarettes you smoke every day.
- Set the number of cigarettes you smoke whole day and don’t exceed that number.
- Give more preference to other works and whenever you have a craving.Delay it for 1-2 hour.
- Make your office, car and home smoke-free.
- Avoids situations where you more likely to smoke.
- Slowly cut down the number of cigarettes every week.
- Take a challenge to quit smoking permanently for 1-2 weeks.
- Practice to quit daily and don’t loose hopes if you failed to quit just keep trying every day.
- Finally if none of these work then you have to join a rehab center to quit it.
HOW TO REVERSE YOUR DAMAGED LUNGS
- First of all, Drink about 4-5 liters of water a day.Water is the best way to cleanse your whole body naturally.
- Stay away from smoking and from people who is smoking around you.
- Add more fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Begin a physical exercise routine.If you are a chronic smoker before exercise for one hour every day is the best way to cure your lungs.
- Do deep breathing exercises.
BEST FOODS FOR LUNGS
- Add more citrus foods like (Lemons, Orange, Kiwi) in your diet.
- Vegetable Juice.
- Dry fruits.
- Seeds, nuts, and berries.